Absolutely in LOVE

>> Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Well, we're home from Thanksgiving vacation. Had a great time. Fiona did remarkably well on the drive up, and had a fantastic time meeting all the family. The drive home, however, was during her several hours of fussy time in the evening. That, combined with more traffic, made for a much longer ride south.

But honestly, we didn't even care. Because at our first stop to feed and change Fiona, she smiled.

Like, really smiled. Not because of gas. I'm talking real, at us, smiling with her eyes smiled. It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. We seriously sat there in the McDonald's parking lot for a half hour just looking at her. And we did the same thing when we stopped again 2 hours later. Just sat, staring, making funny noises and talking to her to try and get some more of those smiles. And again at the next stop.

It's no wonder our drive home took so much longer.

But oh. my. goodness. I just fell in love with that smile. I cannot even begin to describe it. I had no idea that I would be so proud of her for just SMILING! And I apologize for sounding so new-parenty in this entry. It's just- she smiled! At me! And she is the most adorable thing EVER!!!!


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP