Theatre geekery

>> Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A few days ago, Nate and I were talking about drama and why it was so important to me in high school. I think I can boil it down to a couple pictures.

High school theatre was so important to me because it allowed this girl-
to disappear for at least a little while. It let that girl be this girl-

-at least for a few hours at a time. And yes, those pictures were taken on the same day. It helped me escape me. And really, it did so much more than that. It taught me to be more outgoing, to interact with more people, to not be afraid to get out there and make a fool of myself, to make people laugh, to make people cry, to try something new.

So there you have it. My love of the theatre boils down to the need to escape from those godawful glasses.

1 comments:

Donna Gagin June 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

And now look at you. You are a beautiful, funny and confident woman. You go girl!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP