I've done it.

>> Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've finally done it.

What, you ask? Why, I have baked the perfect chocolate chip cookie.

I have been trying for years to not only find the perfect recipe, but to actually bake the perfect batch of cookies. As anyone that knows me can attest, I am not a good cook or baker. I tend to screw things up pretty badly. My family has a wealth of cooking/baking/candymaking mishaps of mine that I am sure they would be happy to recount to you upon request.

But I made cookies on Monday night, and let me tell you- I finally achieved perfection in a chocolate chip cookie. Heather, you would be so proud of me if you could taste these cookies.

While baking cookies I was feeling some (super mild) contractions, and as I was pulling the third tray of cookies out of the oven, I said, "you know, I think these contractions are all about 10 minutes apart, cause every time I go to pull a batch of cookies out of the oven I have a contraction." But sadly, those 10-minute-apart contractions did not increase in either intensity or frequency. So no real labor. At least at the end I had some amazing cookies to console my still-pregnant self with.

Tomorrow is the due date. Tomorrow the lease on this kid's current domicile is up. Time to move out. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

Come on out, baby. I'm ready to be a mom...

I can bake chocolate chip cookies now.

(amanda)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP